- RSS Channel Showcase 9952258
- RSS Channel Showcase 2549325
- RSS Channel Showcase 9939440
- RSS Channel Showcase 7793899
Articles on this Page
- 03/22/10--10:43: _Learning Solutions ...
- 03/21/11--08:34: _eLearning Guild Gat...
- 04/02/12--07:27: _Lessons from eLearn...
- 04/09/14--08:35: _5 Ways Managers Can...
- 08/06/14--07:38: _Explore eLearning a...
- 01/19/09--13:52: _Definitions: Seriou...
- 03/03/09--18:44: _How to Increase eLe...
- 03/16/09--06:22: _eLearning Guild Ann...
- 08/12/09--12:13: _eLearning Guru Hort...
- 04/09/10--13:59: _Getting Experts to ...
- 01/06/09--14:56: _It’s all about the ...
- 09/13/17--09:00: _Content Curation by...
- 03/22/10--10:43: Learning Solutions Conference: Experts of the Guild
- 03/21/11--08:34: eLearning Guild Gathering Significant Event
- 04/02/12--07:27: Lessons from eLearning Guild’s Learning Solutions Conference
- 08/06/14--07:38: Explore eLearning at the Conference on Distance Teaching & Learning
- 01/19/09--13:52: Definitions: Serious Games & Game Based Learning
- 03/03/09--18:44: How to Increase eLearning Interactivity
- 03/16/09--06:22: eLearning Guild Annual a Success!
- 08/12/09--12:13: eLearning Guru Horton disappears! Where are the Hortons?
- 04/09/10--13:59: Getting Experts to Share
- 01/06/09--14:56: It’s all about the Economy!
- 09/13/17--09:00: Content Curation by the eLearning Guild
I have been impressed over the years with the fine work of David Holcombe and Heidi Fisk, founders of the eLearning Guild. When it comes to eLearning, the Guild is a trusted source of information, networking and a true community of practice. The information on their website says it all: “As a member-driven organization, the Guild produces […]
This week at the Learning Solutions Conference & Expo that is taking place in Orlando, Florida at the Hilton in the Walt Disney World Resort from March 23rd – 25th, I am excited to have the opportunity to speak at three sessions. Each session will focus on Micro-Collaboration and how to engage team members, especially […]
eLearning Guild a True Community of Practice The Learning Solutions Conference serves as the largest of the eLearning Guild’s yearly conferences and brings together professionals seeking to identify, deploy and manage technology-based learning solutions. I was unable to attend the event last week, but I caught up with Jean Marrapodi, eLearning Guild and Learning Solutions Conference veteran, […]
How To Encourage Informal Professional Development At Work In my previous blog post, I wrote about how workers and job seekers likely undervalue the benefits of free online learning and professional development opportunities. Of course, if the impetus for this eLearning trend is based on employer demand for cutting-edge skills, managers in content development and […]
managingelearningImage via https://www.flickr.com/photos/courtneyrian/5750960959/?rb=1An image of the networking protocol http and the www letters. Author is Rock1997.Image via https://www.flickr.com/photos/61423903@N06/7382239368/
The summer is always a busy season for industry conferences and eLearning networking opportunities, and one event near and dear to my heart is the Annual Conference on Distance Teaching & Learning held in Madison, Wisconsin. The 2014 conference is set for August 12th-14th at the Monona Terrace. Having this important meeting of industry experts […]
The post Explore eLearning at the Conference on Distance Teaching & Learning appeared first on Web Courseworks.
A quick search of Wikipedia finds that we need to do some work documenting and updating the definition of “serious game” and “game-based learning” — at least in Wikipedia. Consider this post a call for “all hands on deck!” The number of groups, institutions and individuals working on the subject of games and learning is […]
The term “Rapid eLearning” is often used to describe the conversion of an expert’s PowerPoint slides into Flash SWF files with a software package like Articulate Presenter. However, the phrase “Rapid Interactivity” hasn’t been as prevalent. On Wednesday, March 11th at the eLearning Guild’s Annual Gathering breakfast, I will be heading a discussion on ways […]
I attended the eLearning Guild’s Annual Gathering in Orlando last week, and I was very impressed with the generally optimistic atmosphere. Unlike other conferences I have attended this year, staff members freely acknowledged, albeit unofficially, that attendance may have decreased compared to years prior but not as much as feared. The collaborative and congenial atmosphere […]
If I had to pick one eLearning must-read, it would be Bill Horton’s eLearning by Design. I first reviewed the book when it hit the market in 2007. In my interview with Bill Horton today, he stands by most of what he wrote three years ago. I was skeptical initially—Bill and his partner Kit had […]
The post eLearning Guru Horton disappears! Where are the Hortons? appeared first on Web Courseworks.
At the recent eLearning Guild’s Learning Solutions conference in Orlando, I presented a session on how managers can enable greater subject matter expert collaboration with design and development teams (IDD). I was excited to see a packed room with a very attentive group of eLearning project managers and instructional designers. Adding to the inspiration were […]
This is my first blog post since 2005, when I wrote about my experiences playing the video game, XMEN, for a class I was taking at the University of Wisconsin. Last week I became inspired by my holiday reading of David Merman Scott’s The New Rules of Marketing and PR. Well here I go…As an […]
David Kelly, Executive Vice President and Executive Director of the eLearning Guild spoke on September 26th as part of the Fall eLearning Thought Leaders Webinar Series. Jon Aleckson, CEO of Web Courseworks, interviewed David Kelly about the eLearning Guild and the content was presented during the webinar. “Content Curation: Putting Curation into Practice” addressed […]